Friday, May 1, 2009

No Sleep

Kate didn't go to sleep until after 11:15 last night. Not sure why, but she was WIDE awake! I tried rocking her, singing to her, stroking her hair. Finally I tried giving her some milk, in the pitch dark and she became very sleepy. I laid her in bed and she finally closed her eyes.

It is so hard to tell when they are little what is preventing them from sleeping, or eating, or anything for that matter. She has becoming increasingly frustrated with not being able to speak like her big brother. She stomps her foot, points her little fingers and screams until she gets what she wants.

I keep looking at her wondering where my baby has gone. She is starting to lose her baby fat and it seems as though she grew taller overnight. Although I am tired today, I wouldn't trade her not sleeping for anything. Its those nights that I get to hold onto my baby for a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment